INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ANN
ANN only collects personal information that is relevant to the purpose of ANN's website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. ANN does not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. ANN collects the following types of information from ANN's users:
Information You Provide to Us:
ANN receives and stores any information you enter on ANN's website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of ANN's special features.
ANN receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us. ANN and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, ANN cookie information, and the page(s) you requested. ANN uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. ANN may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While ANN will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if ANN cannot recognize you, ANN wants you to be aware that these programs are available.
ANN is very concerned about your privacy and will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. ANN may send out e-mails with ANN-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from ANN, which inform you of actions that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g., those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g., updates to ANN's policies) from us.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
ANN will neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and will share your personal information only as described below.
- ANN Personnel: ANN personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of ANN business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, ANN may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if ANN, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, ANN will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
KEEPING INFORMATION SECURE
Your ANN account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer. Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of ANN's employees are kept up to date on ANN's privacy and security practices.
WAYS TO CONTROL DISPLAY AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on ANN's website, such as posting new links.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on ANN's website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your ANN account by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other ANN users, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to ANN's policies) from us.
CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the ANN website. As a result, ANN does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that ANN has collected information from a child under the age of 13, ANN will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using ANN or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
CONDITIONS OF USE